Horticulture Coalition of SA
The Horticulture Coalition of SA is the peak industry organisation for horticulture in SA.
The Coalition has developed a 30 year blueprint for the South Australian horticultural industry, seeking to achieve long term productivity and secure food production and supply through to 2020 and beyond.
The horticulture industry is an important sector for South Australia, worth $885.6 million at the farmgate, consisting of 3,500 small to medium sized businesses, employing 13,500 permanent staff and an additional 24,000 seasonal staff.
The organisations which make up the Horticulture Coalition of SA are the:
- Adelaide Produce Market Ltd
- Almond Board of Australia Ltd
- Apple and Pear Growers Association Inc
- AUSVEG SA
- Citrus Australia (SA Region)
- Hortex Alliance Inc
- Australian Mushroom Growers Association
- Nursery and Garden Industry of SA Inc
- Olives South Australia Inc
- Onions Australia
- Pistachio Growers’ Association Inc
- South Australian Chamber of Fruit and Vegetable Industries
- Women in Horticulture
Issues covered in the horticulture blueprint include: biosecurity, water security, land security, innovation and investment, industry leadership, R,D&E, infrastructure, food labelling, employment and workplace relations, taxes, health linkages and environmental stewardship.